ZShellServer is a small, but efficient shell account server for any Windows 95+ computer, allowing users to connect to the computer and have some control over certain parts of the server. For instance, we use a variation of this application in our local MUD hosting to allow MUD administrators to start and stop their MUD remotely (as well as perform other file-copy and maintenance options).
- Allows users (with permission) to start, stop, and list running processes that have been started by the shell server
- Auto-minimize to tray on application start option
- Auto-start services on application start option
- Broadcast messages to users while they’re connected
- Configure base priority level of started applications (Windows NT/2000 only)
- Fully-interactive Windows user interface
- Lightweight and compact, fits on a standard 1.44 MB floppy disk
- Operates under Windows 95, 98, Me, NT, 2000, and XP (though optimized for Windows NT/2000)
- Optional global protection on the shell server directory
- Optionally make passwords case-sensitive for heightened security
- Per-user permissions configuration
- See all users that are currently connected
- See everything that connected users type as they’re typing it (history: last 20 lines)
- System tray minimize option
- Use any port number
ZShellServer Does Not:
- Allow copying between directories
- Allow references to directories on any command except for “CD” command
- Monitor or restrict file, directory, or any other permissions of applications started through the shell interface
Limitations On Use:
This download is crippleware. You may only connect to the shell server locally (from your own computer) unless you register the product with us. No other limitations are imposed in the unregistered mode. Please contact us if you are interested in registering this program.
Click here to download ZShellServer version 1.01b (984 KB).